Love, Energy, Audacity and Proof.-S. Farber

2008-09-03

History shall not live on in my future life

LIVE OUT YOUR IMAGINATION, NOT YOUR HISTORY.--STEPHEN COVEY.

I have learned that the past is a powerful determinant for one's future. And I have constantly been reminded to learn from the past. Those ideas are quite right, and I firmly believe in that. Mr. Covey, yet, throws a more inspiring light on my thought with his advice. Yes, history influences us, and even shapes us. But the future, in a proper sense, must be different from the history. We must grow out of our history to justify the meaning of our continuing life. If we change little, what's the use of a longer life.
Life is change. Only change can lend life the power to go on.
Besides the need to desert one's own past track, one also needs to desert the conventional tracks used too often by others. Otherwise, the uniqueness of one's existence is obviously unsubstantiated.
I will embrace change and challenge. They are the fuel for an upping life.
Finally, Live a life as Emerson adviced, "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

No comments: